Popular Online Casino Games and How to Play Them
Online gambling has become immensely popular in recent years. It's allowed players from all over the world experience the thrill and excitement of hitting it big all from the comfort of home. A lot of players are quick to want to join in, hopeful they will be the next player to hit it big. But many of these new players rush into playing without actually knowing how to play. But fear not! Today, we're going to take a look at three of the most popular online casino games and give you the general rules on how to play each of them. Let's get right to it!
Online casino or land based casino, blackjack is one of the most popular games around. It's a fast paced, thrilling game that comes with one of the better house edges around. There are a multitude of strategies you can implement, but for today, we're going to give you some of the basics so you'll be better prepared.
The objective of blackjack is simple: beat the dealer by getting a 21 or as close to 21 without going over. If you do go over 21 that's called a bust and you lose. There are two ways to beat the dealer: You have a higher hand then the dealer does OR you don't go over 21 and the dealer does.
A blackjack occurs when you're dealt an ace and any card valued at 10.
Each card comes with its own value. Cards 2 - 9 have their face value. Face cards and 10s are all worth 10. Aces can be EITHER 1 or 11. You'll hear terms like 'soft' and 'hard'. This refers to a hand that has an Ace dealt in it. For example, if you are dealt a 6 and an ace then you have a 'soft' 17.
Playing blackjack is pretty simple. The first thing you'll do is place your bet before the cards are dealt. There will be a minimum and maximum bet size so be sure to pay attention to those.
After all bets are made the dealer will deal two cards to each player and two cards to themself. Player cards are both face up while the dealer has one face up and one face down. Now the player will make their decision on their next move. Depending on what they are dealt and what the dealer is showing players can stand - you don't take any more cards. Hit - you are dealt more cards until you stand or bust. Double - you double you original bet and are dealt one more card only. Split - if you are dealt a pair you can split them into two bets both equally the original bet size.
Once each player has made their decisions, the dealer plays their hand and turns over their other card. A dealer MUST hit on anything less than a 17.
If you beat the dealer then the payout is 1:1. If you land a natural 21 - or blackjack - the payout is a nice 3:2. If you bust then you lose. If you don't bust but the dealer gets closer to 21 then you lose. If you and the dealer have the same total that's called a push and you are given back your original bet.
Roulette has been around for hundreds of years and is just as fun and exciting to play as it was back then. There are two types of roulette players will find at online casinos: American and European. The difference is that American roulette has a 0 slot and a 00 slot. European roulette has ONLY a 0 slot. This equals a slightly better house edge for European roulette and is why it's the preferred game of many gambling pros.
Roulette is as straightforward as it gets. A dealer - or croupier - sets a small white ball spinning onto the roulette wheel. The ball will drop, bounce and eventually land in one of the slots. Each slot is marked 0 - 36. If the ball drops in the slot matching the number you placed a bet on then you're a winner! If not you lose.
First, a player will place a bet onto the table. The table will have each number 0 - 36 marked on the inside - these are called inside bets. And various other bets on the outside - these are called outside bets. Inside bets are bets made on the numbers themselves. Players can place a straightforward bet - placing a chip on a number. A split bet - the chip goes on the line between two numbers. Street bet - the chip goes on the outside line of a row of numbers. Corner bet - the chip goes on the four corners where 4 numbers converge.
Outside bets are bets that include red or black, odd or even, first 12, second 12, third 12 and more.
Once all bets are placed the dealer spins the wheel. Once the ball lands in a slot, the dealer places a marker on the corresponding number and removes all losing chips from the table. If you're a winner the dealer will pay you out according to the bet you placed.
Baccarat is an exciting but simple card game. The goal is to bet whether the Player or Banker's hand will win or if they'll end up in a tie. See, simple!
Cards 2-9 have their face value, 10s and face cards have a value of 0 and aces are 1.
First, you bet on either the Player, the Banker or a Tie. You can only pick one. The Player and Banker are then dealt two cards face up. If the Player's hand is 0-5 a third card is dealt. A 6-9 means no more cards are dealt. The same goes for the Banker's hand. The hands are then compared and the winners announced!
Now you have the basic rules for three of the most popular online casino games around - blackjack, roulette and baccarat. As you continue playing you'll be able to implement more strategies and become an even better player. So what are you waiting for? Good luck!
- The Impact of Blockchain Technology on Online Casinos August 25, 2023
- Legalities of Online Gambling: What You Need to Know August 25, 2023
- Top 5 Online Casinos for High Rollers August 9, 2023
- Exploring Progressive Jackpot Slots August 8, 2023
- The Rise of eSports in Online Casinos August 6, 2023
- Betting Systems and Strategies: A Closer Look August 5, 2023
- A Closer Look at Classic 3-Reel Slots August 5, 2023
- Guide to Understanding Different Slot Machine Types August 4, 2023
- Demystifying Casino Slangs and Jargons August 2, 2023
- Security Measures in Online Casinos: Protecting Your Data August 2, 2023
- Frequently Asked Questions About Online Casinos and Slots August 2, 2023
- Advanced Slot Strategies for the Experienced Player August 1, 2023
- Ensuring Fair Play: Understanding Casino Licensing and Regulation August 1, 2023
- Understanding House Edge in Casino Games July 27, 2023
- Top 5 Mobile Casinos for Gambling on the Go July 27, 2023
- Online Casino Game Developers: The Power Behind Your Favorite Games July 27, 2023
- Virtual Reality and the Future of Online Casinos July 27, 2023
- How Random Number Generators Work in Online Slots July 27, 2023
- The Impact of AI on Online Casinos July 27, 2023
- Online Slot Tournaments: A Comprehensive Guide July 7, 2023
- Slot Machine Themes: Exploring Varieties July 7, 2023
- Casino Bonuses Explained: Welcome, Reload, and No Deposit July 6, 2023
- The Mechanics of a Slot Machine: How It Works July 6, 2023
- The History and Evolution of Slot Machines July 6, 2023
- Understanding Online Casinos July 6, 2023
- High RTP Slots You Should Try June 23, 2023
- Multi-line Slots: What They Are and How to Play June 22, 2023
- Comparing Online Casinos: What to Look For June 22, 2023
- Review: The Best Online Casino Platforms of 2023 June 21, 2023
- Top 10 Online Casinos for Beginners June 21, 2023
- All About Casino Loyalty Programs and Rewards June 20, 2023
- Strategies to Increase Your Odds at Online Slots June 18, 2023
- An Introduction to Live Dealer Casino Games June 16, 2023
- Cryptocurrency and Online Casinos: A Perfect Match? June 15, 2023
- Responsible Gambling: Know Your Limits June 15, 2023
- Social Casinos: Free Fun or a Stepping Stone to Real Money Games? June 15, 2023
- How To Play Online Slot Machines June 14, 2023
- How to Make Deposits and Withdrawals at Online Casinos June 14, 2023
- Online Casinos vs Land-Based Casinos: The Pros and Cons June 11, 2023