Online Casino Game Developers: The Power Behind Your Favorite Games
Your favorite slots and table games aren't made out of thin air. A lot goes into making them. It takes a lot of very talented people doing very impressive things in order to create the games we love and play and bring them to life. But with so many developers out there how do you know which ones are the best? Well, look no further. Today, we're going to list a handful of industry leaders in online casino game developing. So let's get right to it!
Microgamming is one of the oldest developers on our list. It has been around since 1994 and has grown into a major global player in the time since. Today Microgamming and its fantastic games are available in more than 600 gambling venues. Most of the leading online casinos use Microgamming games so the odds are you've most likely played one of their games.
The staff at Microgamming is responsible for over 1,200 casino games - yes, you read that correctly 1,200! Their focus is mainly on slots and if you've ever played a Microgamming slot you can see why. They offer some of the highest quality slots you'll ever play. They come with beautiful designs and themes that really take a slot session to another level.
We also have Microgamming to thank for introducing us to the progressive jackpot that's now become a staple in almost every online casino. In fact, Microgamming holds the Guinness World Record for the biggest progressive jackpot prize EVER awarded. That happened in 2015 with their slot Mega Moolah when it awarded one lucky player over 20 million dollars!
Previously known as Net Entertainment, NetEnt was founded in 1996 and has been a steady force in the industry since. It gives players a wide array of games such as live dealer games, table games and slots. Their slots are known by players for having immersive themes and graphics which add a certain level of excitement to the gameplay.
NetEnt was also one of the first developers to use Java software and flash technology to improve their mobile slots. Today, they've released nearly 300 games and are continuing to perfect the mobile gaming experience - which has included using HTML5 technology. NetEnt has won multiple awards for its casino games and continues to provide high quality games.
If you've ever played an online casino then the odds are you have played a game developed by RealTime Gaming - RTG. RTG has been around since the late 1990s and is a leader in both table and video poker games. They are also leaders in the mobile gaming industry, creating games that are optimized for both smartphones and tablets, which gives players a smooth gaming experience on the go.
Founded in 1999, PlayTech is one of - if not the - largest game designers around. They've released over 700 games - both for desktop and mobile versions - and are known for delivering high quality games that are infused with top notch graphics. Their slots particular are so well made that their attention to detail is something players must see to believe. It's this effort that has made PlayTech an industry leader.
Evolution Gaming is one of the younger companies on our list - they were established in 2006. But despite that young age it didn't take long for them to become one of the leaders in Live Dealer games. That's their main focus and they do it well - really well. They've created nearly 50 Live Dealer games and offer one of the most authentic and immersive gaming experiences around. Their quick rise to the top allowed them to acquire other heavyweights like NetEnt and Big Time Gaming, which only cements their place as an industry heavyweight.
Other Noteworthy Developers
Sadly, we don't have the time to get into detail about all the great developers out there, but there are many more. Here's a list of a few more developers you should be on the lookout for the next time you're playing:
Rival Gaming, Play 'N Go, Realistic Games, GamesOS, BetSoft, International Game Technology (IGT).
If you've played online casinos long enough you start to notice the developers that dominate most game libraries. That's because developers like the ones we listed here are constantly providing players with high quality, immersive, beautifully designed and exiting games. They take the time and effort required to produce thrilling games that players want to continue playing. So the next time you're ready to sit down and play, make sure you keep an eye out with any or all of these developers. You'll be in good hands!
- The Impact of Blockchain Technology on Online Casinos August 25, 2023
- Legalities of Online Gambling: What You Need to Know August 25, 2023
- Top 5 Online Casinos for High Rollers August 9, 2023
- Exploring Progressive Jackpot Slots August 8, 2023
- The Rise of eSports in Online Casinos August 6, 2023
- Betting Systems and Strategies: A Closer Look August 5, 2023
- A Closer Look at Classic 3-Reel Slots August 5, 2023
- Guide to Understanding Different Slot Machine Types August 4, 2023
- Popular Online Casino Games and How to Play Them August 3, 2023
- Demystifying Casino Slangs and Jargons August 2, 2023
- Security Measures in Online Casinos: Protecting Your Data August 2, 2023
- Frequently Asked Questions About Online Casinos and Slots August 2, 2023
- Advanced Slot Strategies for the Experienced Player August 1, 2023
- Ensuring Fair Play: Understanding Casino Licensing and Regulation August 1, 2023
- Understanding House Edge in Casino Games July 27, 2023
- Top 5 Mobile Casinos for Gambling on the Go July 27, 2023
- Virtual Reality and the Future of Online Casinos July 27, 2023
- How Random Number Generators Work in Online Slots July 27, 2023
- The Impact of AI on Online Casinos July 27, 2023
- Online Slot Tournaments: A Comprehensive Guide July 7, 2023
- Slot Machine Themes: Exploring Varieties July 7, 2023
- Casino Bonuses Explained: Welcome, Reload, and No Deposit July 6, 2023
- The Mechanics of a Slot Machine: How It Works July 6, 2023
- The History and Evolution of Slot Machines July 6, 2023
- Understanding Online Casinos July 6, 2023
- High RTP Slots You Should Try June 23, 2023
- Multi-line Slots: What They Are and How to Play June 22, 2023
- Comparing Online Casinos: What to Look For June 22, 2023
- Review: The Best Online Casino Platforms of 2023 June 21, 2023
- Top 10 Online Casinos for Beginners June 21, 2023
- All About Casino Loyalty Programs and Rewards June 20, 2023
- Strategies to Increase Your Odds at Online Slots June 18, 2023
- An Introduction to Live Dealer Casino Games June 16, 2023
- Cryptocurrency and Online Casinos: A Perfect Match? June 15, 2023
- Responsible Gambling: Know Your Limits June 15, 2023
- Social Casinos: Free Fun or a Stepping Stone to Real Money Games? June 15, 2023
- How To Play Online Slot Machines June 14, 2023
- How to Make Deposits and Withdrawals at Online Casinos June 14, 2023
- Online Casinos vs Land-Based Casinos: The Pros and Cons June 11, 2023