How Random Number Generators Work in Online Slots
If you've ever played an online slot then you've used an RNG - Random Number Generator. RNGs are an immensely important part of online slots. They are responsible for generating the randomness that is required for chance-based digital games. Without them, the slots you know and love wouldn't exist. Today, we're going to take a closer look at how RNGs work and why they are som important to online gaming. Let's dive in!
What is a Random Number Generator
The first step to understand RNGs is understanding what exactly they are. RNGs are a computer program that - you guessed it - randomly generates numbers. They produce large amounts of number sequences that don't follow any pattern - thus, making it impossible to track and guess what's coming next.
There are typically two methods used to generate these number sequences.
The first is a True Random Number Generator (TRNGs). TRNGs use physical events that have random elements - a noise signal for example - in order to created their numbers. This makes it basically impossible for anyone to hack into TRNG and predict the next series of numbers because of the randomness of the real physical event.
The other method is a Pseudo-Random Number Generator )PRNG). These use algorithms to create their number sequences. However, PRNGs use a shorter string of numbers so a hacker could get in and correctly guess the next numbers. But the chances of that happened are very, very, very low.
How do Random Number Generators work in online slots
Online slots are a hugely popular aspect of online gambling. Casinos routinely offer players choice into the hundreds. But how do they work with RNGs? To break it down we're going to use a classic 3 three slot with 10 symbols per reel.
First, the RNG will assign a value to each of those 10 symbols. Second, it randomly selects a value of 1 - 10 for each of the three reels. What this does is produce an outcome that is three random symbols all assigned independently of one another. If they form a winning combination, the slot will pay out your winnings.
Depending on how many reels and symbols a slot has, the RNG adjusts its algorithm accordingly.
Are Random Number Generators fair
This is the number one question players have. In order to truly enjoy a gaming session, players need to know they're playing games that are fair. In general, the house also has the edge. Adding a tilted RNG to the mix only adds to that and makes it almost impossible for players to win.
The good news is players don't ned to worry. RNGs are regularly tested to ensure they are running properly and giving players a fair and trustworthy gaming experience.
Now, while RNGs are regularly updated and tested to ensure they're working properly, you're still going to want to make sure you're playing a casino that is reputable and makes all of its security measures known. Any online casino that hides this information could very well be using a RNG that is NOT fair, thus putting the player in a bad position. Always look for these organizations - eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance and the Technical Systems Testing. These are two of the most reputable organizations that test RNGs and make sure they are running smoothly and fairly. So if you see either one of these listed on a casinos page, you're in good hands. If not, use the customer service feature to ask how that particular casino verifies that their RNGs run fairly. If you don't get an upfront answer then the odds are they're not using a fair system.
Can strategy beat an RNG
No! Random Number Generators are exactly that - random. Just because you've spun a series of wins or losses doesn't mean you're "due". It's all random. The best strategy when playing online slots is to pick games that have the highest Return To Player. Don't continue to spin and deposit money because you think a win is on the horizon. RNGs are random and if the numbers don't turn in your favor then you very well could be seeing a lot of losses. Don't chase losses and never bet more than you can afford to lose. That's the only way to really play and it's the only way you'll ensure a fun and entertaining gambling experience.
So now that we have a better understanding of how Random Number Generators work we'll be able to enjoy our slot sessions a little more. Remember, these Random Number Generators are completely random and NOT titling the slots in favor of the casino. However, if you don't find a particular casino is employing reputable third parties to ensure their Random Number Generators are working correctly then the odds are they aren't and you'll want to avoid those slots. So, the next time you sit down for a session remember: it's all random! Good luck!
- The Impact of Blockchain Technology on Online Casinos August 25, 2023
- Legalities of Online Gambling: What You Need to Know August 25, 2023
- Top 5 Online Casinos for High Rollers August 9, 2023
- Exploring Progressive Jackpot Slots August 8, 2023
- The Rise of eSports in Online Casinos August 6, 2023
- Betting Systems and Strategies: A Closer Look August 5, 2023
- A Closer Look at Classic 3-Reel Slots August 5, 2023
- Guide to Understanding Different Slot Machine Types August 4, 2023
- Popular Online Casino Games and How to Play Them August 3, 2023
- Demystifying Casino Slangs and Jargons August 2, 2023
- Security Measures in Online Casinos: Protecting Your Data August 2, 2023
- Frequently Asked Questions About Online Casinos and Slots August 2, 2023
- Advanced Slot Strategies for the Experienced Player August 1, 2023
- Ensuring Fair Play: Understanding Casino Licensing and Regulation August 1, 2023
- Understanding House Edge in Casino Games July 27, 2023
- Top 5 Mobile Casinos for Gambling on the Go July 27, 2023
- Online Casino Game Developers: The Power Behind Your Favorite Games July 27, 2023
- Virtual Reality and the Future of Online Casinos July 27, 2023
- The Impact of AI on Online Casinos July 27, 2023
- Online Slot Tournaments: A Comprehensive Guide July 7, 2023
- Slot Machine Themes: Exploring Varieties July 7, 2023
- Casino Bonuses Explained: Welcome, Reload, and No Deposit July 6, 2023
- The Mechanics of a Slot Machine: How It Works July 6, 2023
- The History and Evolution of Slot Machines July 6, 2023
- Understanding Online Casinos July 6, 2023
- High RTP Slots You Should Try June 23, 2023
- Multi-line Slots: What They Are and How to Play June 22, 2023
- Comparing Online Casinos: What to Look For June 22, 2023
- Review: The Best Online Casino Platforms of 2023 June 21, 2023
- Top 10 Online Casinos for Beginners June 21, 2023
- All About Casino Loyalty Programs and Rewards June 20, 2023
- Strategies to Increase Your Odds at Online Slots June 18, 2023
- An Introduction to Live Dealer Casino Games June 16, 2023
- Cryptocurrency and Online Casinos: A Perfect Match? June 15, 2023
- Responsible Gambling: Know Your Limits June 15, 2023
- Social Casinos: Free Fun or a Stepping Stone to Real Money Games? June 15, 2023
- How To Play Online Slot Machines June 14, 2023
- How to Make Deposits and Withdrawals at Online Casinos June 14, 2023
- Online Casinos vs Land-Based Casinos: The Pros and Cons June 11, 2023